Saturday, March 10, 2012

Sea Life *SOLD*

This was the March challenge in the Art Colony blog where I am a commentator. We were to do something different than we usually do. It was fun and a big stress releaser since I have been in the studio painting miniatures for some upcoming shows. Painting miniatures is really hard on my wrist and my eyes. I used light modeling paste over Arches 300# watercolor paper. I then wet the paper and applied the watercolors and let them run down the paper and into the grooves of the modeling paste. The colors that I used were ultramarine blue, cerulean, Winsor blue, Winsor green, and turquoise. The white that you see is the paper. I also used Impellist flourescent colors for the fish. There is some Prismacolor pencil in it too. Oh, on the bottom, I used a little bit of raw sienna. SOLD

1 comment: